How Susceptible Are Children to Heavy Metals?
Children are much more susceptible to lead
retention compared to adults. There are several reasons for this
but one primary reason is due to their metabolic type. Children
are found to typically have a fast metabolic rate with a low
tissue calcium level. Calcium is a primary preventive for lead
absorption and retention. Therefore, children will retain up to
thirty percent more lead compared to an adult exposed to the
same amounts and who has a slow metabolic pattern.
- ABC TV Watch “Arsenic Toenails” Episode 5 of Catalyst on National Television the ABC* . Download here
Protect Your Unborn Child From Toxins
Most mothers-to-be would be all too familiar with the big pregnancy no-no’s: don’t smoke or be around people who do, stay away from those all-too-tempting glasses of red wine after a long day at work, don’t eat too much junk food, the list goes on. What many don’t know is just how much damage unsuspecting consumer products may be doing to an unborn child.
A study by the Washington Toxics Coalition, Commonweal and the Toxic-Free Legacy Coalition has found that babies enter the world already exposed to many toxic chemicals by way of their pregnant mothers. The study tested blood and urine from pregnant women during their second trimester of pregnancy and found their bodies contaminated with chemicals found in a wide variety of items ranging from shampoo to plastic water bottles, non-stick cookware and food cans.
These chemicals can cause reproductive problems and cancer, disrupt hormonal systems like the thyroid, impair brain development and cause birth deformities. The following dangerous toxins were found in every woman tested:
PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN IT:Polycarbonate plastic, food can lining
HEALTH EFFECTS: Cancer, early puberty, diabetes, obesity, reproductive problems
CHEMICAL:“Teflon chemicals” (perfluorinated compounds)
PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN IT:Stain-protection products, non-stick cookware
HEALTH EFFECTS:Low birth weight, obesity, cancer
PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN IT:Air conditioners, lamps, cleaning products, cosmetics, nasal sprays
HEALTH EFFECTS:Impaired brain development
PRODUCTS THAT CONTAIN IT:Shower curtains, shampoo
HEALTH EFFECTS:Reproductive problems, asthma
Latest Blog Posts
- Healthy Links & Friends
- Toxins in Your Soup BPA
- The Simple Test Which May Help Prevent Autism
- Heart Surgeon Admits Huge Mistake!
- The pH Factor
- David Wolfe & Dr Leigh Erin Connealy podcast alternative healing therapies and ZeoOne
- Radiation Comparsions
- How Do I Know Zeo Zone Is the Real McCoy?
- Chemicals in Fish in Sydney Harbour
- Environmental Injustice and Air Pollution in the Hunter
- Life in the shadow of coal central !
- *Victims of Mercury Poisoning & Their Stories*
- Rainwater tank users warned of lead risk
- Better Health Magazine Nature's Sieve to Capture Heavy Metals Australian Zeolite
- Dr M Sichel TV Interview Good News for the Alphabet Kids New Book Announcing Drug Free Protocols Including ZeoOne
- Why Detox? The Killers Within
- What Books Are Available For Children With Exposure?
- What medical use is clinoptilolite?
- What Can Be Expected During Detoxification
- How Susceptible Are Children to Heavy Metals?
- What does Hair Analysis Reveal About Heavy Metals?
- What does Hidden Toxicity mean?
- What is Heavy Metal Accumulation?